REGIONAL INFORMATION CENTER UPDATE – JULY 9
Four additional COVID-19-related deaths, 131 new cases reported in Washoe County
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting four COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County, which ties for highest number reported in one day (June 5). The deceased are:
- A female in her 80s with underlying health conditions
- A male in his 70s and it is under investigation if there were underlying health conditions
- A female in her 70s with underlying health conditions
- A female in her 100s with underlying health conditions
Additionally, there are 131 new COVID-19 cases, the second highest number of daily cases reported in Washoe County (150 was the highest on July 3). The uptick in cases is related to exposed contacts, social gatherings, domestic travel and people not social distancing. Several of the recently-reported cases indicated that they attended gatherings on the 4th of July.
There were 78 recoveries and 49 cases added to the active case count (Total cases minus deaths and recoveries).
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 3,459 (+131 from 7/8)
- Deaths: 89 (+4)
- Recoveries: 2,248 (+78)
- Active cases: 1,122 (+49)
- Currently hospitalized: 82 (-6)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 256 (+12)
Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of July 9: 59,906 (+1,383 since 7/8)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of July 9:
- 78 percent of all staffed short-term, acute-care hospital beds are occupied (+0% since 7/8)
- 50 percent of the all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-8%)
- 20 percent of all ventilators are in use (-3%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.