514 new COVID-19 cases, 6 COVID-19-related deaths reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Dec. 13, 2020. Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting six COVID-19-related deaths in Washoe County for a total of 363 reported. The deceased are:
- Male, 70s, underlying health condition
- Female, 80s, underlying health condition
- Female, 70s, underlying health condition
- Male, 80s, underlying health condition
- Female, 90s, underlying health condition
- Male, 40s, underlying health condition
Additionally, we’re reporting 514 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 30,824 (+514 from 12/12)
- Deaths: 363 (+6)
- Recovered: 17,321 (+120)
- Active cases: 13,140 (+388)
- Hospitalized with COVID-19*: 256 (+0)
*Data from Nevada Hospital Association (not updated on weekends or holidays) includes residents from outside of Washoe County.
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of December 13: 269,702 (+2,216 since 12/12)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of December 11 (Numbers not updated on weekends):
- 90 percent staffed hospital beds are occupied (+0% since 12/10)
- 74 percent of all licensed hospital beds are occupied (+1%)
- 52 percent of all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (-7%)
- 29 percent of all ventilators are in use (-1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
Volunteer to help fight COVID-19 in Washoe County
The Washoe County Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is looking for medical professionals or those without medical experience to volunteer to help fight COVID-19 in Washoe County.
MRC was created to support public health and emergency response efforts during natural disasters and other emergencies by providing trained volunteers to help staff shelters, alternate care sites, and points of dispensing. Given the rise in hospitalizations and increased demand in COVID-19 testing, volunteers are needed to support the region. Learn how to volunteer by going to this website, or email email@example.com.
Download the COVID Trace app, and help stop COVID-19
Washoe County health officials are strongly recommending that residents download the COVID Trace, an easy-to-use app that helps fight COVID-19 in Washoe County and Nevada, without compromising your privacy. Learn more here.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.