Regional Information Center Update – Oct. 28
1 COVID-19-related death, 293 new cases reported
Health District Hotline:
Follow us on Twitter:
Reno/Sparks, NV – The Regional Information Center is reporting one COVID-19-related death and 293 new COVID-19 cases in Washoe County. The deceased is a male in his 70s with an underlying health condition.
Additionally, there were 180 recoveries.
- Total COVID-19 cases in Washoe County: 13,090 (+293 from 10/27)
- Deaths: 196 (+1)
- Recovered: 10,765 (+180
- Active cases: 2,129 (+112)
- Currently hospitalized: 102 (+11)
- Cases who have discharged from hospital: 840 (+17)
COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County
- Total number of COVID-19 tests performed in Washoe County as of October 28: 177,503 (+1,752 since 10/27)
Note: These figures are provided by the State of Nevada and can be found on the State Dashboard. COVID-19 tests may include non-Washoe County residents who were tested in Washoe County.
Hospital bed and ventilator information
According to the Nevada Hospital Association, in Washoe County as of October 28:
- 82 percent staffed hospital beds are occupied (+3% since 10/27)
- 68 percent of all licensed hospital beds are occupied (+2%)
- 49 percent of all Intensive Care Unit beds are occupied (+3%)
- 17 percent of all ventilators are in use (+1%)
NOTE: Numbers are for all hospital patients in Washoe County and not just COVID-19 patients.
The COVID-19 Regional Information Center is working together to deliver COVID-19 community updates in a unified manner. While press releases are only sent periodically for significant events, you can always get daily results on our website, https://covid19washoe.com/, our COVID-19 Dashboard or by following us on Twitter @COVID19Washoe. The entities include: City of Reno, City of Sparks, North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District, Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe, Regional Transportation Commission, REMSA, Reno Sparks Indian Colony, Reno Police Department, Reno Fire Department, Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District, University of Nevada, Reno, Washoe County, Washoe County Health District, Washoe County School District and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office. Also in the group are the area hospitals, Northern Nevada Medical Center, Renown Health and Saint Mary’s.